Does your agency have a Prehospital Pediatric Care Coordinator (PECC)? You may be asking what is a Prehospital PECC?
A Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator or PECC is an individual or individuals who are responsible for coordinating pediatric-specific activities for your agency.
What is a PECC responsible for?
1. Being a resource for education on pediatric medications, equipment, and supplies.
2. Promoting and sharing pediatric continuing-education opportunities.
3. Encouraging pediatric simulations/hands on pediatric skills assessments.
4. Encouraging that fellow providers follow pediatric clinical-practice guidelines.
Who can be your agency PECC?
· Individual(s) with your agency
· Your program agency (STEMS)
· Individual(s) outside your agency
If your agency meets the above requirement either by individual(s) or would like your program agency to serve as your PECC please fill out the attestation form and receive regional endorsement from your Program Agency.
Once completed, please submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will ensure that the most updated pediatric emergency care information is getting to your PECC.
For more information on the PECC program, plese visit www.sthcs.org/pediatric-prepared.
If you do not have a PECC and are unsure of what steps you need to have a PECC in place, please contact:
Abbe Mostowy, BS, EMT-B
PECC Program Coordinator
Southern Tier Health Care System Inc.
150 North Union Street
Olean, NY 14760
Phone: (716) 372-0614